What's Up With Chick Flicks?



Chick Flicks are the heart beat of the American female, of any age. My seven-year-old daughter LOVES chick flicks. Her very favorite is Cinderella, of course. But she's recently become a fan of Anne of Green Gables, High School Musical, and Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth version!). Ahh . . . It's mommy heaven. We watch chick flick after chick flick together.

But sadly, guys just don't seem to get it. Why is that? Is it genetic? Hormonal? What? Maybe guys need to take estrogen supplements.

They probably wouldn't go for that though, huh? Even if it meant complete matrimonial happiness.

Well, in an attempt to help guys understand the appeal of chick flicks, my good friend De has disected her favorite flicks. Go to Chick Flick Reflections for some good educational info.

Seriously, go check it out guys.

And ladies, if you can't get your hubbies out there to read it, consider printing it out and putting it somewhere he can't miss - like pasted to his car windshield.

Would you like to comment?

Unknown said...

Danyelle,

Maybe chick flicks are just good for female bonding! My daughters and I (15 & 19) really enjoy them, and it's OK that Dad & the boys don't! Although my husband does enjoy some on your list.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Lynn

That's true. Chick flicks are good for female bonding. I just wish that when the kids get put to bed and I want to watch a funny chick flick, that John would watch it with me instead of going to bed. If he does stay downstairs to watch tv with me, it always ends up being a cooking show - which I don't mind but some variety would be nice. Snuggling during kissy scenes would be nice too. Isn't that one of the reasons we get married? ;-)

Autumn said...

You're so funny!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Why, thank you Autumn!

Julie Wright said...

my husband likes chick flicks to a degree. He cried right along with me at PS I Love You. Chick flicks rule!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Julie -

Either you totally lucked out or your hubby has learned to adapt to your love of chick flicks. If its the former, do you think he'd offer classes to the rest of our husbands?

Heather Justesen said...

How do you expect us to choose just one movie to be considered the ultimate? That's far too cruel of you, but I did mark one of my top three. Lol Hope John has fun whichever movies he get the joy of appreciating. =)

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Heather -

I'm glad you were able to narrow it down and vote for just one! I've been thinking about it for the last week and still don't know which one I'd vote for if I could vote. I don't know how excited John is about watching the chick flicks - but I'm totally looking forward to it!